02/18/2006: "Long overdue site update posted"
Well, it took me a while but I finally updated the site. Everything went well with the file transfer except for the weblog. After a lot of searching I found that I had overwritten the files with older files. It looked like I had lost three months of entries. Eventually I found how to rebuild from the archives. Everything is there again.
This is the second problem I have had with the log. A couple of weeks ago I found that someone had hacked the log and added a few things. It had been set up so that if you did a search you would have been sent to some site they had programmed in. It took a while but I got it all cleaned out. I think the changes I made then caused the file problem I encountered this time. I will have to find the solution before I update again.
I mentioned in a previous post that I was trying to learn a new program. I have been optimizing and sizing the photos using FrontPage. I have been working on learning Photoshop and started using it to optimize and resize the photos. I am able to post the photos in a larger size (600 X 400) and the file is smaller then I was getting in FrontPage. I am looking into how much work it will be to resize all the photos I used before.
I am still looking for a good slide show program to use in the photo galleries. I will find one yet. The problem is that it has to be simple enough for me to set up and configure. I am pretty much self-taught on most of the programs I use so it doesn’t take much for it to be over my head.
I also mentioned getting a job. Yes, I am working again. More on that later.