12/04/2005: "Ready to go to Miami"
Well, we head out on Monday morning. The forecast if not very good – contrary winds, high seas, rain and cold temperatures. The plan is to take the ICW until the fronts move through then jump out and sail offshore to Miami. As I mentioned before I will be serving as crew on a 35’ Catalina that is being delivered to the new owner. So far I have packed way more then I will ever need. I guess I am taking the layering idea to heart. I am not sure I will be able to move with all the layers I am planning but I intend to stay dry and warm.
I will not have internet service while on the trip so I won’t be able to add any updates until I return. I’ll try to have interesting stories to tell.